Wednesday, March 5, 2008

He can't be old, he's my age!

One of the interesting things about online comics is a lot of them are done by people my own age. Not only do they have similar tastes, but they've also started spawning babies around the same time I did and that sometimes sneaks into their comics. The Penny Arcade guys both have kids and they often give anecdotes in their podcast. Plus Sluggy Freelance recently did a funny crossover spoof between a popular children's book and a popular sci-fi show. If I had more artistic ability I'd dump this blog and do a fatherhood/World of Warcraft/D&D comic instead.

2 comments:

John Goodrich said...

For those of us without kids, there's this odd feeling that anyone younger than us is to young to have kids. I'm about to turn 39, and this has become patently ridiculous.

And how are you going to develop your artistic talents without practice, O Beast?

The Beast said...

I'm waiting for the day when computers can read my mind and draw exactly what I want. Hopefully in better detail than I can envision, too.