Monday, March 1, 2010

Daydream believer

The Boy and I were hanging out one day when he suddenly asked me, "what is imagination?"

I pondered for a moment and replied, "it's being able to think of things that aren't real. Like I can imagine you growing wings and flying around the room."

The Boy nodded. "I'm imagining I'm watching Bob the Builder," he said.

I sighed, regretting the day I ever turned on a TV in his presence. "Can you imagine anything else? Something not Bob related?"

He thought for a moment, then responded, "I'm imagining I'm watching Olivia," which is a cartoon he only recently started to obsess over.

"Can you imagine anything not on TV?" I asked hopefully.

This was a toughie, but he finally had an answer. "I'm imagining I'm reading a Bob the Builder book!" he announced triumphantly.

No comments: